Fui a ver Life Itself, nadie ha ido a verla? No había nadie en la sala pero había mucha gente en el cine viendo otras cosas en otras salas y pensé que sería mejor que se metieran a la sala 5 a ver la que yo veía porque:
- Roger Ebert te acerca al cine.
“We all are born with a certain package. We are who we are: where we were born, who we were born as, how we were raised. We’re kind of stuck inside that person, and the purpose of civilization and growth is to be able to reach out and empathize a little bit with other people. And for me, the movies are like a machine that generates empathy. It lets you understand a little bit more about different hopes, aspirations, dreams and fears. It helps us to identify with the people who are sharing this journey with us.” -Roger Ebert.
- Si tanto vemos películas, también podemos ver algo sobre alguien que dedicó su vida a reseñarlo. “He’s being writing for half the history of feature films.”
- Y cine aparte. Te enseña que cuando amas lo que haces, lo demás no importa, como no tener mandíbula inferior, no poder hablar, comer o tragar. “When I write, I fall into the zone many writers, painters, musicians, athletes, and craftsmen of all sorts seem to share: In doing something I enjoy and am expert at, deliberate thought falls aside and it is all just THERE. I think of the next word no more than the composer thinks of the next note.” -Roger Ebert.
“He’s a soldier of cinema who cannot even speak anymore, and he plows on and that touches my heart very deeply.” -W. Herzog
- I do not fear death.”I believe that if, at the end, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where all crime starts. We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try. I didn’t always know this and am happy I lived long enough to find it out.” -Roger Ebert.
- Sus reseñas http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews